No, not the Rapture…
Have Mom-entum and Moms4Moms are joining to support
The Global Poverty Project and Care in an initiative to fight maternal mortality issues around the world.
Every mother remembers the day she gave birth. For most, it was a joyful and life changing event. But for some moms, childbirth is more complicated. In fact, every 90 seconds, a mother dies from pregnancy-related causes-and without access to the proper resources, technology and knowledge, this horrific epidemic will continue.
It’s time for moms around the world to leverage the power of social media to stand together in the fight against maternal mortality. With enough signatures, we can get Congress to set aside funding for maternal issues. That’s it. Your voice is all we need. And there is no bigger voice than the sisterhood of motherhood.
THE END EVENT
SIGN THE PETITION Twitter Party
May 31rd, 2011
8:00-9:30 PM EST
GOAL: 100,000 signatures
Use hashtags: #moms4moms #seetheEnd
Did you know?
• One maternal death every 90 seconds.
• In the US, 2 women die each day from a pregnancy-related complication.
• Globally, 100 women die each day in pregnancy/childbirth
• 15% of all pregnancies result in complications during labor and delivery and sometimes are fatal.
• We have the knowledge to prevent 90% of all maternal deaths.
Actress, Olivia Wild, Jeffrey Sacks, and Russell James will hosting a live streamed event on the 23rd as well. Moms4Moms will be there hosting the twitter party right from the event, as well as with the Moms4Moms hosts listed below.
Holly is partnering with the following influential moms/dads bloggers: Erica Diamond
womenonthefence.com, Audrey McClelland momgenerations.com, Molly Gold gomominc.com, Beth Feldman rolemommy.com, Niri Jaganath mommyniri.com, Katja Presnal skimbacolifestyle.com, Kelly Loubet everydaychildhood.com, Julie Cole mabelslabels.com, Linda Grant nycsinglemom.com, Katrina Carefoot ficklefeline.ca, Dagmar Bleasdale Dagmar’s momsense, Adam Cohen, dadarocks.com, Holly Fink TheCultureMom.com, CC Chapman cc-chapman.com, Ted Rubin tedrubin.com,
Party prizes to be randomly given out within 48 hours of the party.
• Five $50 Children’s Place gift certificates
• 3 EatARainbow kits (value $25)
• 4 Squishables (they were a big hit)
• Spectrum Speech consulting
• “Plan to Party” book and $25 wine.com gift certificate
• (4) books entitled “Jackie O: On the Couch: Inside the Mind and Life of Jackie Kennedy Onassis” by Alma H. Bond
• one (1) book entitled “The Atomic Weight of Secrets or The Arrival of the Mysterious Man in Black (The Young Inventors)” by Eden Unger Bowditch.
Disclosure: I work on behalf of Have Mom-entum